Applications to access biomaterials must be submitted via the Biosample Search facility. All applications for use of the bank are referred to an independent External Review Panel, which comprises of experts nominated by the National Cancer Institute of the USA (NCI) and the government of Ukraine.
- receipt of a signed agreement from the Principal Investigator to conform to the conditions set out in the Material and Data Transfer Agreement;
- modification of the number and size of samples required dependent on any amendments by the External Review Panel and the availability of the material.
- age at accident - complying with HIPAA regulations
- age at operation - complying with HIPAA regulations
- oblast of residence
- International Pathology Review Panel diagnosis
- Estimated thyroid radiation dose (if requested by the researcher).
If a project requires more clinical information than the minimum data set, this must be stated clearly in the application, particularly if this is an essential component of the project. Any such project will normally be carried out as a collaboration with the NCI and the IEM and, where appropriate, approval of the relevant Ethical Committee must be sought.
Where possible, material for a given project will be provided in one batch, however, in some cases, provision may have to be made over a period of time.